I would make these chips again and again! They are easy enough to make and just require a watchful eye. These would be great with sandwiches at lunch or just as a snack. You can spice them up any way you wish. Check out my blog at: http://imapretendchef.blogspot.com/2011/01/potato-chips.html
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 69
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 7.9mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled or scrubbed)
- Vegetable oil
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 1. Adjust a slicer to thinnest setting (1/16 or 1/32 in.) and place over a large bowl of cold water. Using the safety guard, slice russet or Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled or scrubbed) into water. Let soak 10 minutes; rinse slices and blot completely dry with paper towels.
- 2. Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat to 380°. Fry potatoes in batches (do not overcrowd pan), stirring occasionally to separate and submerge slices, until crisp and golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for 1/32-inch-thick slices, 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes for 1/16-inch-thick slices. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Let oil return to 380° between batches.
- 3. Sprinkle with salt and fresh-ground pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables