Potato and Cheese Soup
Yukon gold potatoes are prized for their sweet, buttery flavor, but did you know that they are also an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium?
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Calcium: 185mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 cup sliced leeks (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold or baking potato (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Green onions, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add leeks and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly until slightly thick. Add potato and chervil. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Place 1/2 of soup in a food processor; process until smooth. Return mixture to Dutch oven; stir well. Stir in milk, cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note