Potato Cheese Chilies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sodium: 1094mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, hot or cold (see notes)
- 1/2 cup fresh chèvre (goat) cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 pound fresh poblano chilies (also called pasillas; 6 to 8, equal-size), rinsed
- Bell pepper salsa or 1 cup purchased red salsa
- 1. In a bowl, use a fork or mixer to blend potatoes, chèvre, 1/4 cup cotija, canned chilies, onion, and salt to taste.
- 2. Wearing rubber gloves, cut poblanos in half lengthwise. With a knife, cut seed lump from beneath the stem inside each chili, leaving stem end in place (to form a cup). Pull out and discard veins. Fill chilies equally with potato mixture. Set chilies in an oiled 9- by 13-inch casserole, filling it. Cover tightly with foil.
- 3. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cotija, and return to oven. Bake until stuffing is dotted with brown, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
- 4. Serve chilies with a wide spatula. Add salsa and salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables