Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour (approximately)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) instant mashed potato granules
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- additional butter (optional)
- 1)In medium bowl,mix yeast,3/4 cup of the flour,the salt,sugar and potato granules.2)Heat water,milk and butter to very warm(butter need not melt).3)Add to first mixture.4)Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.5)Add eggs and 1/4 cup more flour.6)Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.7)Stir in cheese and enough flour to make a soft dough.8)Turn out on lightly floured surface.9)Knead until smooth and elastic.10)Put in oiled bowl,turning to oil top.11)Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.12)Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes,or until doubled.13)Punch dough down.14)Divide into 3 portions.15)Roll each portion into an 18-inch strand.16)Braid loosely on greased baking sheet,sealing ends.17)Let rise in warm place for 30 minutes.18)Or until almost double.19)Bake at 375`f for 30 minutes,or until golden brown.20)Brush with butter,if desired.21)Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note