Potato and Celery Root Mash
This recipe for Potato and Celery Root Mash allows you to get a jumpstart to your holiday spread. The side dish can be made up to 3 days in advance.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 259mg
- 2 celeriacs (celery root), 1 1/2 lb. each, trimmed, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 to 10 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 1/2 lb. total), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1. Place celeriacs in a bowl. Cover with cold water; stir in lemon juice. Let stand while preparing remaining ingredients. Drain when ready to boil.
- 2. Place potatoes and celeriacs in separate pots; cover with cold water. Add a large pinch of salt to each pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes for potatoes and 15 to 20 minutes for celeriacs.
- 3. Drain celeriacs. Pulse in a food processor until smooth. Drain potatoes, return to pot and add celeriacs, milk and butter. Mash with a potato masher or put through a ricer. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note