It was a lot of work to put this together. I chose to make it because I had celery root and leeks in the house and was looking for a recipe to cook with them. This wasn't impressive enough to repeat. It tastes ok.
Potato, Celeriac, and Green Onion Gratin
To get a head start, place the sliced potato and celeriac in a large bowl of cold water mixed with a little lemon juice (to prevent discoloration). Pat the slices dry with paper towels before arranging them in the baking dish. You can use Swiss cheese in place of Jarlsberg, if you prefer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 39.8g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 461mg
- Calcium: 229mg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced baking potato (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 (2-pound) celeriac (celery root), peeled, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Arrange 2 cups potato slices in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange half of celeriac slices over potato slices. Top with 1/2 cup leek, 1/2 cup onions, and 1/2 cup Jarlsberg cheese. Sprinkle with one-third of marjoram mixture. Repeat procedure with 2 cups potato slices; remaining celeriac slices, leek, onions, and Jarlsberg cheese; and one-third of marjoram mixture.
- Top with 2 cups potato slices. Pour broth and sherry over potato mixture; sprinkle with remaining marjoram mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This