wonderful recipe and I don't eat sweet potatoes. I used regular mushrooms. I will be making this again. Wondering if it will freeze well. Going to try it.
Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, and Greens Casserole
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 1 head cauliflower (1 1/2 to 2 lb.), cut into small florets
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh cremini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 large sweet potatoes (2 1/2 to 3 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale, collards, or mustard greens
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (14-oz.) can butter beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Easy Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°. Toss together cauliflower, mushrooms, 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl. Spread cauliflower mixture in a single layer in jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Toss together sweet potatoes, 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil, and remaining cumin, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer in another jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake potatoes and cauliflower at 475° for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned and just tender, turning once. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 4. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add kale; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste; stir in vinegar.
- 5. Layer half each of sweet potatoes, cauliflower mixture, beans (if desired), kale, and 1 1/2 cups Easy Cheese Sauce in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese sauce. Stir together panko, chopped cilantro, and olive oil, and sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole.
- 6. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated, bubbly, and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This