Has lots of flavor. Got good reviews from everyone, including my mother who was visiting from Florida.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen country-style hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- Heat 1/2 cup butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish in a 350° oven 5 to 6 minutes or until melted.
- Spread hash browns over butter in dish; top with vegetables. Stir together soup and next 4 ingredients; spread over vegetables.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Stir together crushed cornflakes and 1/4 cup melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Bird's Eye Frozen Broccoli, Green Beans, Pearl Onions, and Red Peppers for the frozen mixed vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables