- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen country-style hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
How to Make It
Heat 1/2 cup butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish in a 350° oven 5 to 6 minutes or until melted.
Spread hash browns over butter in dish; top with vegetables. Stir together soup and next 4 ingredients; spread over vegetables.
Heat remaining 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted.
Stir together crushed cornflakes and 1/4 cup melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Bird's Eye Frozen Broccoli, Green Beans, Pearl Onions, and Red Peppers for the frozen mixed vegetables.