Potato Cakes with Smoked Trout, Apple, and Horseradish Cream
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Smoked Trout, Apple, and Horseradish Cream
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover 12 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes, and transfer to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth; stir in cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Shape about 1/4 cup potato mixture into 1 1/2- to 2-inch patties. Brush patties with egg, and dredge in panko. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potato cakes; cook, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels, and top with Smoked Trout, Apple, and Horseradish Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This