Notes; If making ahead, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Yield: Makes about 6 cups; 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds thin-skinned potatoes (about 3 in. wide)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 can (15 oz.) baby beets, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Scrub potatoes.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart covered pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Add potatoes, cover, and simmer until they are just tender when pierced in thickest part, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain potatoes and cover generously with cold water. Drain when cool, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, mix vinegar, oil, parsley, and mustard in a wide bowl.
- 5. Peel potatoes. Cut potatoes and beets into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes and add to bowl. Add onion, mix gently, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note