- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- Shred potatoes in a food processor. Soak in water to cover 1 hour, draining and adding fresh water every 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Toss potato with cornstarch.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Dip a bird's-nest fryer into oil; drain. Arrange 2/3 cup potato mixture into lower basket; press upper basket onto potato to shape into a basket.
- Fry in hot oil 2 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure 7 times with remaining potato mixture.
- Note: Two wire-mesh strainers may be substituted for fryer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables