Potato and Zucchini Casserole Bake
Steep: 15 Minutes
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1/8th inch
- 2 medium zucchini squash, sliced to 1/8th inch
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Pour the cream into a cooking pot and add the nutmeg and garlic. Turn on very low heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Stir frequently so it does not scorch. Stir in the salt and pepper. Turn off and set aside. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Spoon a layer of sauce onto the bottom of the casserole dish. In the casserole dish, form rows, alternating the sliced zucchini and potatoes. Spoon in the remaining creamy sauce, nudging it between the zucchini and potatoes so it goes into all the spaces.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded white cheddar cheese on top, return to the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note