potato and leek soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 2 leeks chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) low fat milk
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and leeks, saute gently until soft. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in stock.
- Add potatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 30mins. or until potatoes are soft. Stir in milk and seasonings.
- Puree soup in a blender or food mill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each serving with chopped chives and creme frache.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DianaLeonard and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
potato and leek soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews