There was nothing wrong with the recipe but there were some small things that made me give it only 3 stars. First off use your best non stick pan, I used one that was a bit older so the potato crust stuck to it and I had to change pans to a newer one to finnish the batch. As well I made sure to dry the fish very well as well as get as much moisture out of the potato's and although the potato cooked up fine it slid off the fish. The flavor wasn't as powerful as I hoped so I probably won't make it again.
Potato-and-Herb Crusted Snapper with Yellow Pepper Salsa
Photo: Karry Hosford
Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs grace the crisp potato crust. An accompanying colorful salsa flavored with capers and herbs gives the dish even more pizzazz for guests.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/4 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded peeled potato
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper or other firm white fish fillets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare salsa, cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop. Combine bell pepper, onion, and next 7 ingredients (onion through 1/8 teaspoon salt).
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- To prepare fish, combine potato, Parmesan, 2 teaspoons parsley, chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread 1/4 cup potato mixture over 1 side of each fillet; press mixture onto fish. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 fillets, potato side down, to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn fish over; place on a plate. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fish. Return fish to pan, potato side up. Bake at 375º for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes