Potato and Celery Root Gratin with Leeks
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 sprig(s) thyme plus 3 tsp fresh thyme leaves divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, divided
- 3 leeks white and pale green parts only halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- kosher salt
- 2 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) celery root peeled thinly sliced
- 2 cup(s) grated Gruyere cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Heat cream, garlic, and thyme spring in a medium saucepan just until bubbles begging to form around edge of pan. Remove from heat and set aside to steep.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leeks season with salt and cook, stirring often, until tender (do not brown). 10-12 minutes. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Butter a 3 qt gratin dish with remaining 1 Tbsp of butter. Layer 1/3 of potao slices and 1/3 celery root slices evenly over bottom of baking dish. Cover with 1/3 of the leeks, then 1/3 gruyere. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and tsps thyme leaves.Repeat layers twice more. Strain cream mixture into a medium pitchcher and pour over vegetables.
- Set gratin dis on a large rimmed baking sheet and coer tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Carefully remove foil: continue baking until top is ogled brown and sauce is bubbliing, 25-30 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room reptant with foil and rewarm in a 300 degree oven until hot, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ger91768 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potato and Celery Root Gratin with Leeks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables