Amandine, often misspelled as "almondine," is a French word meaning "to garnish with almonds." We also tested this recipe using presliced refrigerated potatoes, but they did not brown, so we recommend buying fresh whole potatoes.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 (16-oz.) package baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1. Place potatoes and carrots in a single layer on a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp. olive oil, tossing to coat; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 45 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring once. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl; stir in almonds, parsley, and, if desired, lemon juice. Toss to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note