Well liked. Made it a couple of times now. Step 3 takes more like 20 minutes to cook. Easy to make.
Potato-and-Beet Greens Frittata
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 232mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Calcium: 174mg
- 2 cups finely chopped red potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped beet greens
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 beet green leaves, optional
- Preheat broiler.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes. Add chopped beet greens; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine milk and the next 5 ingredients (milk through egg whites) in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Stir in potato mixture. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into skillet; cook 15 minutes or until top is just set. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil; broil 5 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with beet green leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch