Potato and Apple Latkes with Smoked Salmon
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Baking Potato (1) Peeled and coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup(s) Large apple (1) peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup(s) Matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon(s) Coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- sour cream
- smoked salmon
- 1. Put the grated potato and apple in a bowl of cold water and swish them around. Drain the potato and apple and squeeze out as much moisture as you can with your hands (or wrap in a clean tea towel and wring dry).
- 2. Mix everything but the olive oil together in a large mixing bowl. Add a bit more matzo meal if the mixture is very loose. Form the latkes into whatever size you prefer – I like to pinch off large tablespoons of the mixture and flatten them into thin pancakes using my fingertips.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Fry the latkes in batches (don't overcrowd the pan), about a minute or two on each side or until browned and crisp
- 4. Drain the latkes on paper towels, sprinkle with a bit more salt, dollop with sour cream and drape a little slice of smoked salmon over each. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by esarda and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potato and Apple Latkes with Smoked Salmon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes