Pot Stickers, Spinach Variation
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 39
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 47mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (7/8-ounce) package dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped canned water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30 won ton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- Combine boiling water and mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain; discard stems, and mince caps.
- Combine mushroom caps, rice, and next 8 ingredients, and stir well.
- Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers to keep them from drying out), spoon about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture into center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with water, and bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Bring the remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch 4 edges together to seal. Place pot stickers on a large baking sheet sprinked with cornstarch; cover loosely with a towel to keep them from drying out.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place half of pot stickers in bottom of skillet; cook 3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Add 1/2 cup water to skillet; cover and cook 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place pot stickers on a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers