More From Oxmoor House
Total: 3 Hours, 24 Minutes
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 333mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless sirloin tip roast, trimmed and tied
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 6 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Heat an ovenproof 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add roast to pan. Cook 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove from heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and rosemary to pan. Sprinkle roast and vegetables with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until meat is fork-tender, turning roast halfway through cooking time.
- 3. While roast bakes, combine sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl.
- 4. Skim fat from drippings. Break roast into large chunks with 2 forks. Serve roast with vegetables, pan drippings, and horseradish cream. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes