- 3 cups butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (49-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 5 cups milk
- 16 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 8 roasted whole chickens)
- 3 1/2 cups sliced carrots, cooked (about 1 pound)
- 3 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
How to Make It
Melt butter in a 4- to 6-gallon stockpot over medium heat; add onions and celery, and sauté until tender.
Add flour, stirring until blended; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in broth and milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, sliced carrots, and remaining ingredients.