This is not a great dish. I tried and cooked it and it is really not good
Posole with Turkey and Heart-Shaped Chipotle Gorditas
A gordita, which means "little fat one" in Spanish (no offense intended), is a thick corn tortilla. Because gorditas are more practical to make in larger quantities, this recipe makes enough for two meals. Refrigerate the posole and gorditas in separate airtight containers for up to one week. The posole can also be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 373
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 770mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 2/3 cup masa harina or cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded, canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound turkey tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chile)
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare gorditas, combine first 4 ingredients. Stir in water, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and chipotle chile. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a sharp (1 1/2-inch) heart-shaped cookie cutter into 12 gorditas. Place gorditas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; discard any remaining dough. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Reserve 6 gorditas for another use; refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To prepare posole, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Combine turkey and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, tossing well to coat. Add turkey mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Combine 1/4 cup broth and 1 tablespoon flour. Add broth mixture, remaining broth, hominy, and poblano chiles to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Remove 2 1/2 cups posole for another use; refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Arrange 6 gorditas on top of posole in pan; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Spoon 1 1/4 cups posole into each of 2 bowls, and top each serving with 3 gorditas. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note