Posole: Pork and Hominy Soup
Easy slow cooker recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 whole(s) large onion diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 cup(s) cooked pork, like carnitas
- 1 cup(s) green chiles canned or fresh roasted and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) green salsa
- 2- 15 ounce(s) white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 quart(s) chicken or pork stock to cover
- juices from carnitas
- Melt butter over medium heat and add onion, garlic, jalapeno, and spices. Saute until veggies are soft.
- Add vegetables in a slow cooker with pork, green chilies, salsa and hominy. Add the reserved juices from the carnitas and stock to cover. Cover slow cooker and set on LOW for 7 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add tabasco or sarachi sauce to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note