Portuguese-Style Steamed Clams
- 1/2 pound(s) chorizo, pepperoni or Italian pork sausage, diced
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon, diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 3/4 cup(s) SwansonÂ® Chicken Broth or SwansonÂ® Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 28-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes
- 4 dozen small clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 loaf(s) Italian bread, sliced
- • Cook the chorizo and bacon in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat until they're well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- • Add the garlic and red pepper to the saucepot and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, wine and tomatoes and heat to a boil. Add the clams. Cover and cook until the the clams open, stirring often. Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle with the cilantro, if desired. Serve with the bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note