- Marinated giblets and 1 cup marinade from Hawaiian-Portuguese Smoked Turkey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces linguiça (Portuguese sausage)
- 16 cups 3/4-in. cubes coarse, crusty white bread
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- calories 270
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- protein 8.3 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 1243 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
In a small saucepan, bring giblets and marinade to a simmer over medium heat, cover. Cook giblets 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cool; finely chop. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a 10- to 12-in. skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, and chopped giblets and sauté, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup chicken broth, poultry seasoning, sage, and garlic. Lower heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until celery and onion are tender, 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cut linguiça in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/4-in.-thick half-moons.
Put bread cubes in a large bowl and stir in celery mixture, linguiça, and parsley. Stir in 1/2 cup giblet cooking liquid and remaining 1 cup chicken broth.
Spoon dressing into a 4- to 5-qt. baking dish and cover loosely with foil. Bake 25 minutes, uncover, and cook until browned on top, 10 to 20 minutes more. Serve hot.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.