I made this to take to work for lunch this week. I used canned sardines as well. I love smoked paprika, and I thought this was delicious.
Portuguese Sardine and Potato Salad with Arugula
Photo: Marcus Nilsson; Styling: Angharad Bailey
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 19.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 8 fresh whole sardines (about 1 pound)
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 8 lemon wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, and 3/8 teaspoon salt on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; toss well to coat. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Stir potatoes; bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, juice, shallots, paprika, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add hot potatoes to bowl; toss to coat.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat sardines dry with paper towels; sprinkle with remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sardines to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until crisp and done.
- 4. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups arugula on each of 4 plates. Remove potatoes from dressing with a slotted spoon; arrange about 3/4 cup potatoes on each serving. Drizzle remaining dressing over salads; top each with 2 sardines. Serve with lemon wedges; sprinkle with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes