Portugese Bean, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped (1 medium)
- 3 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) sweet potato (1 medium or butternut squash)
- 1 cup(s) orcchiette, uncooked ( or other small pasta)
- 14 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ounce(s) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 4 cup(s) kale, sliced (chard or other greens)
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika (or red pepper flakes, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon(s) ground white pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil until softened.
- Peel sweet potato if desired. Cut into 1/2" chunks. Add broth,sweet potato, and pasta. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes until potatoes and pasta are nearly cooked.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and greens. Return to a simmer and cook until sweet potatoes and greens are tender.
- Stir in paprika (or red pepper flakes), vinegar, honey, and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Reheats well. Leftover soup may be covered and refrigerated up to three days or frozen up to three months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Portugese Bean, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews