Portobellos Stuffed with Greens and Blue
Meaty portobello mushrooms and hearty greens make a wonderful showcase for rich, tangy blue cheese. Serve this on its own as a wonderful starter, or as a side dish with a simple beef or bean dish. Prewashed, pre-chopped or frozen dark leafy greens (kale, mustard greens, turnip greens or a mixture), if available, are a great time saver. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3180.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 large (4- to 5-inch) portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt, divided
- 8 cup(s) chopped collard green leaves or other dark leafy greens, stems and tough ribs removed before chopping
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle mushroom caps with 1/4 teaspoon salt and place rounded side up on an oiled baking sheet. Bake until just barely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine greens, onion, garlic, pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and cook, stirring frequently, until greens are very tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Add a few tablespoons water if the skillet starts to dry out.
- Turn mushrooms over and fill caps with greens. Sprinkle with blue cheese, return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note