- 4 (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 (1.25-ounce) slices ciabatta bread
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon dry-roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 12 basil leaves
- Grapefruit, Walnut, and Feta Salad
- calories 357
- fat 14.1 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 8.7 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 48 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 734 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove gills from mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and half of garlic; brush over mushrooms and onion slices. Place mushrooms and onion slices in pan, and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle mushrooms with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Separate onion slices into rings.
Place bread slices on a baking sheet, and broil for 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Place remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining garlic, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, bell peppers, almonds, and vinegar in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spread red pepper sauce evenly over 1 side of each bread slice; top 4 bread slices evenly with cheese, 1 mushroom, onion rings, spinach, and basil. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, sauce side down.