This is one of my favorite recipe. It is one I make again and again.
Portobello Quesadillas with Pico de Gallo
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Meaty portobellos are paired with flavorful pancetta in this appetizer. Keep the cooked quesadillas warm in an oven set to low heat while you're preparing the rest.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 quesadilla wedges, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, and 1 tablespoon sour cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 309mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- Pico de Gallo:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces chopped pancetta or bacon
- 8 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced portabella mushroom(about 1 pound)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- To prepare pico de gallo, combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- To prepare quesadillas, cook pancetta in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a medium bowl. Add mushrooms to drippings in pan; sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms to pancetta in bowl; toss well.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 tortillas; top each with 1/2 cup mushroom mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tortilla. Lightly coat top tortillas with cooking spray. Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place 1 quesadilla in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are lightly browned. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers