Baking the crust on the bottom rack will keep it from becoming soggy.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Calcium: 210mg
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced*
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 fresh mozzarella cheese slices (6 ounces)**
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over baking pan; spread out pizza dough. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Stir together pesto and yogurt. Spread over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with mushroom mixture and fresh basil. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425° on bottom oven rack for 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- *1 (8-ounce) package sliced button mushrooms may be substituted for the portobello mushroom caps.
- **1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese may be substituted for fresh mozzarella.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note