- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced*
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 fresh mozzarella cheese slices (6 ounces)**
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- calories 292
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- fat 11.3 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 0.2 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 12.3 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 667 mg
- calcium 210 mg
How to Make It
Sauté first 4 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Set aside.
Sprinkle cornmeal over baking pan; spread out pizza dough. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425° for 5 minutes.
Stir together pesto and yogurt. Spread over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with mushroom mixture and fresh basil. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 425° on bottom oven rack for 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
*1 (8-ounce) package sliced button mushrooms may be substituted for the portobello mushroom caps.
**1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese may be substituted for fresh mozzarella.