As a side dish, these mushrooms are best with steaks, roast chicken, or pork. To make them a main dish, serve the filled mushrooms over a bed of pasta.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 mushroom cap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 53
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 8 portobello mushroom caps (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Basic Marinara
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of portobello mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushroom caps, undersides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn mushroom caps over; sprinkle evenly with black pepper and salt. Top each cap with 2 tablespoons Basic Marinara and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Portobello Parmesan Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables