We loved these - the stuffing was great - I used a sourdough baguette instead of plain. I served as a main course with some left over ratatouille, but they would work great with a more simple side like asparagus. I did not make the salad part, but that would make a nice presentation.
Portobello Mushrooms with Mediterranean Stuffing
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 182
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 691mg
- Calcium: 189mg
- 4 (4-inch) portobello caps (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (1/4-inch) cubed French bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and finely chop stems to measure 1/4 cup. Discard remaining stems. Combine 1/4 cup chopped stems, onion, and next 6 ingredients (through garlic).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion mixture to pan; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine onion mixture and bread in a large bowl, tossing to combine. Slowly add broth to bread mixture, tossing to coat. Add feta; toss gently.
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushroom caps using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush mushrooms evenly with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Sprinkle Parmesan and black pepper evenly over mushrooms; top each with 1/2 cup bread mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and greens, tossing gently. Place 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 mushroom.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers