Portobello Mushroom Pitas
More From Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large whole wheat pita breads
- 1. In small bowl, combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, cheese, basil, garlic and salt; set aside.
2. Season mushroom caps and onions, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill or broil mushroom caps and onions 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
3. To serve, arrange pita breads on serving plates. Evenly spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture, then top with lettuce, mushroom caps, tomato, hot onion and remaining mayonnaise mixture.
Also terrific with Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise or Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Low Fat Mayonnaise Dressing.
Nutrition Information per serving with Light Mayonnaise:
Calories 310, Calories From Fat 120, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 750mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Sugars 8g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Protein 11g
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Portobello Mushroom Pitas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches
More Recipes for Sandwiches