- 1/2 cup cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large whole wheat pita breads
How to Make It
In small bowl, combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, cheese, basil, garlic and salt; set aside.
Season mushroom caps and onions, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill or broil mushroom caps and onions 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
To serve, arrange pita breads on serving plates. Evenly spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture, then top with lettuce, mushroom caps, tomato, hot onion and remaining mayonnaise mixture.
Also terrific with Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise or Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Low Fat Mayonnaise Dressing.
Nutrition Information per serving with Light Mayonnaise:
Calories 310, Calories From Fat 120, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 750mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Sugars 8g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Protein 11g