Fantastic..wouldn't change a thing! I used wheat buns. The "sauce" is what makes it..nice light lemon flavor to counteract the sweetness of the onion. A keeper!
Portobello Mushroom Burgers
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups mesquite wood chips
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium-size purple onion, cut into 6 slices
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 6 slices each
- Soak wood chips in water at least 30 minutes; drain.
- Prepare a charcoal fire on grill; scatter wood chips over hot coals.
- Whisk together oil and garlic; brush on both sides of onion and mushrooms.
- Grill onion and mushrooms, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill bun halves, cut sides down, 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients. Layer 6 bottom bun halves evenly with lettuce, onion, mushroom, mayonnaise mixture, and 2 tomato slices; top with remaining bun halves.
- Prep: 20 min., Soak: 30 min., Grill:10 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches