Portobello Melts with Smoky Red Pepper Mayo
Smoky Red Pepper Mayo and melted cheese transform this grilled mushroom sandwich into the perfect weeknight dinner. Make some extra mayo to dress up other sandwiches; store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 29.6g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Calcium: 288mg
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (0.7-ounce) part-skim mozzarella slices
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Smoky Red Pepper Mayo
- 4 (1.5-ounce) whole-grain white sandwich thins (such as Arnold)
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps, gill side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes; turn mushrooms over, and top evenly with cheeses. Grill 5 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- 3. Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons Smoky Red Pepper Mayo evenly on cut sides of each sandwich thin. Place a mushroom cap, cheese side up, on bottom of each sandwich thin. Top with sandwich thin tops.
- Choice Ingredient
- Round sandwich thins are a tasty alternative to regular sliced bread. Each serving contains 100 calories and 5 grams of fiber, which is comparable to a single slice of bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note