THis sauce was great. I doubled the serving size and it takes a while to reduce probably an hour or so.
Marsala is an Italian wine with a smoky, slightly sweet flavor. This sauce can be made the day before.
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms*
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and liquid is evaporated.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, and shallots to skillet; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in Marsala and chicken broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- *1 (8-ounce) package sliced button mushrooms may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note