- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 12 to 16 ounces flank steak
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
How to Make It
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil; stir in salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a zip-top plastic storage bag. Add mushrooms and steak, turning to coat; seal and chill 1 1/2 hours. Stir blue cheese into remaining vinaigrette. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Remove mushrooms and steak from marinade, discarding marinade; grill steak 5 to 6 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Grill mushrooms 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Slice steak.
Top arugula with mushrooms, steak, tomatoes, and toasted pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette.