Portobello and Flank Steak over Greens
Allowing the steak to stand before cutting it preserves the juices and makes for easier slicing. To enhance the steak's tenderness, cut the meat diagonally across the grain.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- . Combine steak, mushrooms, and onion in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup vinegar mixture to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining 6 tablespoons vinegar mixture.
- . Prepare grill.
- . Remove steak and onion from bag, and place on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until steak is desired degree of doneness and onion is tender. Remove mushrooms from bag; discard marinade. Place mushrooms on grill rack; grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- . Chop onion; combine onion and mushrooms in a medium bowl. Combine mixed greens and tomatoes, and arrange evenly on plates. Top evenly with mushroom mixture. Arrange steak evenly over mushroom mixture; drizzle each serving evenly with reserved vinegar mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note