Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) basil oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 clove(s) garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 large porobello mushroom caps (about 4" in diameter)
- 2 slice(s) 1/2" thick large white onion
- 8 slice(s) Italian bread such as Vienna
- 1 cup(s) grated Provolaone cheese
- 1 cup(s) shredded roasted chicken
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In prep bowl, combine oil, vinegar, seasoning mix, salt, garlic and black pepper; whisk until well blended.
- 2. Brush both sides of mushroom caps and onion slice with vinaigrette.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
- 4. Place mushrooms and onion onto grid of pan; place grill press on top.
- 7. Grill 4-6 minutes, turning once.
- 8. Thinly slice mushrooms on the bias.
- 9. Cut onion slices in half; set mushrooms and onion aside.
- 10. Generously spray one side of each bread slice with vegetable oil.
- 11. Arrange four bread slices oil side down; top with half of the cheese.
- 12. Arrange chicken, mushrooms, onion and tomatoes over cheese.
- 13. Top with remaining cheese and remaining bread slice, oil side up.
- 14. Wipe grill pan with paper towel, if necessary. Heat pan over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- 15. Place sandwiches on grid of pan and place grill press over sandwiches.
- 16. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Portobello-Chicken Panini Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches
More Recipes for Main Dishes