Awesome recipe! would definitely make it again. Next time I would 1/2 the amount of cheese mixture. Too much of it mixed with the mayo can make you a little nauseous. I served mine with garlic roasted potatoes instead of French fries and it was AMAZING!
Satisfy your burger craving with a meatless mushroom stacker topped with Gorgonzola cheese.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 726mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4-inch) portobello caps
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 (2-ounce) sandwich rolls
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender, turning once. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Combine cheese and mayonnaise, stirring well. Spread about 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1/2 cup arugula and 2 tablespoons peppers. Place 1 mushroom on each serving, and top with top halves of rolls.
Portobello mushrooms are well-paired with pungent Gorgonzola cheese. Use crumbled blue cheese to save even more time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note