Portobello Burger w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Mayo
- For the mayo:
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- For the burger:
- 1/3 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps (5-inch round each)
- 4 slice(s) red onion, (1/2-inch-thick)
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup(s) baby arugula
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sun-dried tomato tomato pesto and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, mustard, salt & pepper.
- Add mushrooms, onions & peppers, turning to coat with the marinade.
- Remove vegetables from the marinade, letting any excess drip off. Reserve the marinade. Grill the vegetables until browned on both sides and tender, about 5 minutes per side, brushing once with additional marinade during cooking.
- Meanwhile, toast the rolls at the edge of the grill or in a toaster.
- To assemble, divide arugula among the 4 roll bottoms. Top with onions & peppers. Set the mushroom caps on top. Spread 1/4 of the mayo on each roll top and set on top of the mushrooms.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CLdiva and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note