Really solid. And a nice quick meal. I didn't have pimientos, so I added a touch of chili powder to the mushroom/bean mixture. Really balanced out the balsamic flavor. Used pepper jack cheese which also gave it a wee bit more kick. Served with pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. Will definitely add this to the regular week night rotation.
Portobello and Black Bean Quesadillas
Sautéed portobellos are delicious in ragouts; as a topping for polenta or pizza; or as a filling for fajitas, tacos, or quesadillas. The portobello mushroom stands up to the robust flavors in these quesadillas, all the while preserving its own steaklike texture.
Prep: 1 minute; Cook: 14 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 18.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25.8g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 695mg
- Calcium: 318mg
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 (4 1/2-inch) portobello caps, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Salsa (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Stack tortillas; microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Leave in microwave to keep warm while preparing filling.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add vinaigrette, beans, and pimiento; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until liquid evaporates. Mash bean mixture slightly with a potato masher.
- 3. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture onto each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and onions. Fold tortillas in half.
- 4. Wipe skillet with paper towels; heat over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve immediately with salsa and cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note