Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 ounce(s) Dried Mushrooms
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms, such as porcini or mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 4 portabella mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small rib celery, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg to your taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes or tomato puree
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Yields: Serves 4
- Place dried mushrooms in small pot and cover with water or chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and steep.
- Heat a heavy pot over medium to medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan EVOO. When hot, add butter and melt into oil then add portabellas, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and bay leaf. Sauté until tender, 15 minutes, then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Stir in wine and reduce 2 minutes to evaporate. Add crushed or pureed tomatoes and stir. Reduce heat.
- Remove dried mushrooms from steeping liquid and chop. Stir into sauce. Add steeping liquid, reserving the last few spoonfuls in pot as any grit on the mushrooms will have settled there. Stir in milk. Simmer over low heat 20-30 minutes to thicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Serve in shallow bowls, topped with parsley and Pecorino cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Portobella Bolognes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes