Portabella Tacos with Spicy Cabbage Slaw
More From Old El Paso®
Start To Finish: 30 Minutes
- Spicy Cabbage Slaw
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells (8 shells)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1. In small bowl, mix all slaw ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Heat taco shells as directed on box.
- 3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in chili powder and grill seasoning.
- 4. To serve, spoon mushroom mixture into warmed taco shells; top with avocado slices and spicy cabbage slaw.
- Expert Tips:
- 1. This same slaw is perfect on our Sweet-and-Sour Portabella Sliders, so you can keep those ingredients on hand to make a different recipe another night.
- 2. Replace the spicy cabbage slaw with finely shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomato and sour cream for a mild taco, perfect for kids.
- 3. Make chicken-mushroom tacos by adding 1/2 to 1 cup of diced or shredded cooked chicken. Add after the onion and heat until mixture is hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Portabella Tacos with Spicy Cabbage Slaw Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes Like This