- Spicy Cabbage Slaw
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells (8 shells)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
How to Make It
In small bowl, mix all slaw ingredients; set aside.
Heat taco shells as directed on box.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in chili powder and grill seasoning.
To serve, spoon mushroom mixture into warmed taco shells; top with avocado slices and spicy cabbage slaw.
This same slaw is perfect on our Sweet-and-Sour Portabella Sliders, so you can keep those ingredients on hand to make a different recipe another night.
Replace the spicy cabbage slaw with finely shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomato and sour cream for a mild taco, perfect for kids.
Make chicken-mushroom tacos by adding 1/2 to 1 cup of diced or shredded cooked chicken. Add after the onion and heat until mixture is hot.