Port-Glazed Stilton Grapes
This classic British Christmas treat combines grapes, Stilton cheese and a port wine reduction, resulting in a sultry sweet and salty hors d'oeuvre. Make sure the grapes are completely dry before assembling with the Stilton. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/55.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 750 ml bottle(s) tawny or ruby red port
- 10 ounce(s) Stilton cheese, cut into cubes slightly smaller than the grapes
- 2 pound(s) seedless grapes
- Toothpicks for serving
- Place port in a medium saucepan over medium to low heat. Bring to a moderate simmer and reduce until volume is 1/2 cup, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Do not let mixture boil too briskly and take care it does not scorch. This step can be done ahead of time and chilled.
- To assemble, skewer a grape and a cube of cheese on toothpicks. The toothpick should be able to stand supported by the cheese. Arrange on a serving tray. Pour port reduction into a small bowl next to the tray for dipping.
- Yield: about 30 pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note